Welcome To Albia
Welcome to the City of Albia's website! We are excited to have this website to communicate with our citizens and visitors.
City of Albia will stride to give up to date information to make sure our citizen’s are well-informed. We want to make this website the best it can be. Feedback from our citizen’s and visitors will be welcomed.
The Iowa Department of Transportation will be starting an overlay project of Highway 5 in Albia. The tentative start date is August 15, 2022. This project will begin around the South Ottumwa Peoples Bank drive thru and end around North Casey’s. During this project there will be no parking along the project, this includes the east side of the Albia square to the end of the project. Thank you for your consideration.
Brick the Pool
The city of Albia will be selling bricks that will be placed on the island in front of the pool. Each brick will cost $50.00. The bricks can be inscribed following the directions below. The proceeds from the selling of the bricks will be used to beautify our pool. We will be selling the bricks until all of them are gone. The bricks will be placed next spring for your viewing. You can purchase your brick at City Hall.
Directions for inscription:
REMINDER: PLEASE DON’T BLOW GRASS CLIPPINGS ON THE STREET. NOT ONLY IS IT DANGEROUS TO MOTORCYCLES & BICYCLES, BUT WILL ALSO CLOG STREET DRAINS.
Do you need assistance with removing non-working appliances from your yard/home?
Call for free removal assistance details: 641-814-2071
- Good Afternoon City of Albia,
- Do you perhaps have a non-working vehicle/ working vehicle you are no longer in need using up space and are in need of assistance removing from your property?
- This task does not need to be an extra expense to you but instead an investment.
- City of Albia has located assistance for same day removal of non-working/ un-wanted vehicles.
- Mark A. Witt (641) 969-4613 will purchase these vehicles and remove from your property (purchasing prices may vary pending on vehicle). All purchasing/ removal agreements will be between you the resident and Mark directly.